Windham Rail Trail Alliance
C16 Move to Windham Depot
In December of 2006 the Windham Depot Advisory Committee and the Windham Rail Trail Alliance was presented the opportunity to purchase the former Boston and Maine caboose C-16. Built in 1932 at the Concord (NH) Shops, the C16 was in service until the late 1970's, when it was purchased by Mr. Bill Boddy of Salem, NH who located the caboose in Lawrence, Mass. until our move in 2007. The Caboose is part of the Windham Depot Building renovation project.
Laying the Rail
On Saturday, May 5, the Windham Depot Advisory Committee and the Windham Rail Trail Alliance built 49 ft of rail bed that will be the home of the B & M caboose that arrived on June 8, 2007.
The pictures below are scenes from the C16 move on June 8 & 9 2007
Leaving Lawrence after loading
Arriving in Windham Center
"The Maestro" Woody"
Rolling the Trucks!
Steve gives it a push in place
© 2012 Windham Rail Trail Alliance